Saturday, May 3, 2008

"The days are just packed."


Upon learning of my plans to take a long-overdue sabbatical from work, Cousin Lance captured his expectation of how I might spend my time with this reference to a classic Calvin and Hobbes cartoon. Beginning on June 14, I will leave my work computer, email account, and BlackBerry behind. Starting with a Father’s Day weekend visit with my recently relocated (to California) brother and sister-in-law, I will be traveling both internationally (Ireland and Italy tours already booked) and domestically, to both familiar places and new destinations. I look forward to spending time with family and friends that I haven’t shared enough time with in recent years. I plan also to take this opportunity to work on re-balancing my priorities and time management, and to re-assess “the color of my parachute”.

I’m grateful to be in good health as I embark on this sabbatical.


I intend to update this site with photos and tales of my journeys over the next nine months, and I welcome your notes and suggestions.


I’m currently trying to book a ~weeklong tour in Alaska. Any suggestions/warnings for me?


Heads up – I might be knocking on your door one of these days!

No comments: